my baby better have superpowers

We just had a fabulous 4th of July. ::insert sarcasm here::

I was rudely awoken at 3:34am and felt like I'd been kicked in the side. Before completely coming to and kicking hubs back, I realized I was getting eaten by something. I HATE BUGS. So, of course I immediately flip out and start flailing all over like a mad woman. I didn't want to wake hubby up, so by the light of my iPhone I searched the bed for a predator and came up with nothing. I could feel my side already starting to swell, but went back to sleep.

I woke up in the morning and went and checked it out in the mirror and it was swollen and gross. Looked in the bed and found a spider leg, but couldn't find the spider. YUCK. We went to the 4th of July Parade, and by the time we got home it had doubled in size and was really starting to hurt bad. My father in law is a doctor so he always gets calls and pictures of anything going on with us. It's rare for him to tell me to go straight to the doctor, but this time he did.

So off to the after hours clinic we went. Being a holiday, there was limited staff. They were less than helpful and all I got was a benadryl cream to help with the itching. Thanksbutnothanks.

Tried to nap, but had reached the point of screaming pain. Miserable.

Went to dinner with my parents and hubby but I thought I was dying. The swelling was about the size of a softball. Massive and nasty.


Luckily I beat the crowds of dumb people getting burned by fireworks so I pretty much had the place to myself. They got me right back and gave me a (very painful) steroid shot in my rear, and asked me to rest for 20 minutes to let it get in my system. Thank you ER doc, I needed that :) If you are local and need to go to the ER, go visit OU Medical in Edmond. They are awesome. All so nice!! And I'm pretty sure I met everyone there because they all wanted to come see the freak spider bite girl.

3 prescriptions later, I was on my way! Now I'm taking antibiotics, steriods and pain pills. After those and a Benedryl, I was pretty doped up and attempted to sleep. Thankfully the swelling is down to like baseball size instead of softball and it's feeling a tiny bit better.

This has not been fun.

My baby better come out with some really amazing spidey powers!!